Wednesday, May 7, 2008

AI Top 4 Torture

Tonight's show was not as good as I had hoped. Lots of great songs and an unlimited number of arrangements to choose from. Not many good choices made.

Cook was strong. I love "Hungry Like a Wolf". Not a big Duran Duran fan, but they had a couple of good songs. He kind of played it safe. 2nd song was even better. I did not recognize the title, "Baba O'Riley", but got it once he started.Great job.

Each week, I get more tired of Gomer. The humbleness has worn on me and I am ready for him to go. Sadly though, he did a pretty good job with both songs. Kind of syrupy, though.

Syesha went for Tina Turner. Her dress was nice. Her choreography was awkward and forced. The 2nd song was too emotional for her, but not a bad job.

Castro was a train wreck. Bob Marley? What was up with that? Like Syesha doing Whitney Houston, you can never measure up. Bob Marley was unique for his time, and doesn't translate well for today. Who remembers Marley's version of " I Shot the Sheriff"anyway? We all remember Eric Clapton's, it was much better. The he went further down and did Bob Dylan. Another guy not known for the quality of his voice.
We all remember "Mr. Tambourine Man." It was by the Byrds, not Bob Dylan. Where were Simon and Garfunkle when Castro needed them.

Castro should go, but he seems to have more fans than Syesha

No comments: