Wednesday, March 26, 2008

American Idol Top 10 Torture

Last night was, top to bottom, the worst show so far.
 
David Cook was great. Best version of Billy Jean ever.
Carly did Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart". She was great.
Carly and David C. are my favorites.
Syesha muzzled the big guns(too bad) but was good enough.
Brooke did some Sting, not up to the level of David C' and Carly, but was OK
Michael Johns did "We are the Champions." Not too bad, I thought. I still am convinced that you should never do Queen. You can never measure up to Freddie Mercury.

The rest sucked.
Chickeze sang Luther Vandross, wow, what a risk for him.
David A. sang some song I have never heard before, and don't ever care to again.
That country girl sang "God Bless the USA." A great song initially, but 20 or so years of overplaying have ruined it for me. She is truly awful.
The dreadlocks guy, Jason I think, was bad.
Ramielle is still Chinese and sings like it. If she could lose the accent, she might be better.

So to sum it up, 2 greats, 3 good enoughs, 5 wastes of my time.

I can only hope that the send the bottom 5 home tonight.

No comments: