Wednesday, February 27, 2008

American Idol

Have taken the last couple of days off. Work has been crazy and my evenings have been spent being the homework parent and being tortured by American Idol.

American Idol, what good can I say? I don't like the judges. Randy "Dog, yo dog, bring it, blah blah blah." Jackson, Paula "struggles to string together 3 or 4 coherent words" Abdul and Simon "being mean is my schtick" Cowell.

The singers are lame, mostly. You should pick songs that you can sing well, maybe songs that you can sing better than the original singer. One guy last night picked "Killer Queen" by Queen. Freddie Mercury was a freak, no question, but he could perform like few ever have. Seems like choosing this type of song is always a mistake. You will always die by comparison.

On the other hand, one of the young kids sang "Imagine" by John Lennon. I told Drama Momma that this was huge risk, definitely a mistake. He hit it out of the park. Simon agreed with me that is was risky, but said that it paid off for him.

Tonight we will watch the girls. Another 90, well about 60 in DVR time, minutes that I will never get back.

Btw, Cindy Beall handicaps them each week.

3 comments:

h said...

I think you might be my lost-long twin. I blasted the Killer Queen guy too. And I've been inserting "Yo, Dog, Yo" into Randy Jackson's name from Day One.

-The Mountain Man- said...

Thanks, troll, scary for you to be too much like me...

This is my first season. Until now, I had successfully hid this life wasting show from the wife.

Robin Meadows said...

Loved "Imagine"....he did a SUPERB job! He'll probably take the prize! Heck, why don't they just end it now and give it to him?