Monday, February 4, 2008

Random Thoughts

Watching "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles." It is not too bad. The characters are interesting and the action is almost comic book-like.

Watched the Super Bowl. I did not think it was that good of  a game. The offenses were sloppy, though the Giants defense was great. I missed some of the commercials, but they are on line at www.myspace.com\superbowlads.

Tomorrow is Super Tuesday. 20 states will have primaries. Looks like it will be a big win for McCain. I don't get him. He is appealing to the consevatives, but to me he is as liberal as Hillary Clinton . People say that he is strong for the troops, but I don't trust him at all. I don't see him as a Republican or Democrat, he is just a McCainist. I think he only cares for himself and his own power.

Some "dirtbag" in Polk County, Florida, who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.
A statewide manhunt ensued. The low-life was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers fired and hit the guy 68 times.
Now here's the kicker:
Naturally, the media asked why they shot him 68 times. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel :
"That's all the bullets we had !!"

Survivor starts Thursday. One tribe is made up of so-called "Superfans". The other is made up of "Semi-AllStars." (Though I would call them losers) Why Can't Mark Burnett realize that Johnny Fairplay's 15 minutes is long over. I look for a superfan to win.

I am enjoying the writer's strike. It is giving me a chance to sample some shows tht I never would take the time to watch. One of them is "Bones." It is a Fox show, kind of like CSI or NCIS. It has a great cast and good writing.

1 comment:

-The Mountain Man- said...

Fairplay quits. He is a loser.

Too bad for his girlfriend and soon-to-be-born daughter.