Wednesday, April 30, 2008

AI Top 5 Do Neil Diamond

I am not a big Neil Diamond fan. He is kind of so-so for me. The shiny shirts-Vegas style doesn't work. However, there are a few songs that I enjoy. "Caroline" is probably my favorite. BTW, during the show last night, 
the drama daughter asked "So, when was Neil Diamond popular?" I had to answer, "The 80's I guess, not really sure."

Anyway, our top 5 did not disappoint. They were all over the place tonight.

Cook was the best again. He is like the energizer bunny, he keeps going and going and going. The gap between him and the rest is widening.

Gomer Pyle's act becomes more tiresome each week. I am tired of the puppy dog smile. He is a solid 2nd, though Cook is way ahead.

Syesha, what to say? I hate to admit it, but she is growing on me. Randy called her a singer/actress. I think he is right. When she can be a character rather than herself she glows on stage, not the best singer

We have seen Jason each week. He is the same every time. Not great, but exactly what you expect. He is like sitting in the swing on your back porch. Are there better swings? Absolutely. Are there better backyards? You know there are. But you know, for right now, I am content.

Brooke is a train-wreck. I think she was shocked that Carly went last week instead of her. She has to know her days are limited. America just keeps prolonging her (and our) agony.  I don't enjoy her country music-tainted versions of songs, but that is how her voice seems to
work. However,  I do like her more on the piano than standing at the mike or playing a guitar.

Now for the judges. For a long time I have suspected that something was up with Paula. We all know of her problems in the past with prescription drugs. I bet that she also drinks before the show, maybe even during and after. My theory was that she was wearing an earpiece and that a producer would feed her lines. She kind of has a way of speaking with lots of pauses and stops, like she can't quite keep up. After last night, it is obvious that she reads preprepared cards, probably made during the rehearsal. (Who says "lower register") I was surprised how long it took someone to throw her a line. Seems like Ryan should have stepped in sooner. Also it really shows how closely everyone listens. She was able to ramble on for a while before anybody noticed.

Here is the uncomfortable video.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I AM NOT THE DRAMA DAUGHTER!!!! I'm the daughter on the hill next to the mountain :) my "drama" isn't self produced--I just happen to have friends whose lives are drama-filled.

Robin Meadows said...

We haven't been watching---I'm not sure WHAT we've been doing! LOL

But, we DID catch Neil Diamond on a morning show singing a new song "Pretty Amazing" (I think that's the title). It was a very spiritual song. Know if he's had a spiritual awakening? It wasn't just a romantic love song.

-The Mountain Man- said...

Actually the title is "pretty Amazing Grace." On this website they are having the same discussion
http://www.stereotruth.net/?p=615