Wednesday, April 23, 2008

American Idol Top 6 Torture


You know, I am getting into this show. I am (gasp) looking forward to it each week.

Read an interesting article this morning from the New York Times.

Full disclosure here, I have become something of a Broadway fan. When we went to Branson a few years ago, the Best of Broadway show was my favorite. On So You Think You Can Dance, my favorite dances are the Broadway dances. I was kind of looking forward to this show, especially after the last two weeks. If I never see/hear Dolly or Celene(sp) again, it will be too soon.

This weeks thoughts:

Syesha had her best night yet. She has a big voice and showed some great personality - something she had been lacking.
Brooke was not bad, but she is toast, if not this week, very soon. To me, she has lost her confidence and seems exhausted.
Jason was awful and if this is not Brooke's last week it will be his. He just doesn't fit in with any of the others. The Hallelujah song and Somewhere Over the Rainbow were his only good weeks.
David A. was alright, not great, just alright. He is wearing on me though. I am tired of his 
humble, almost Gomer Pyle-ish act. I keep waiting for a "Shazam!", a "Gol-ly" or a "Surprise, surprise, surprise".
Carly was great. I expected this to be a good week for her. Her voice is so big that I thought she would make this look easy. Glad to see her in sleeves. Tired of the gratuitous audience shots of her tattooed freak husband.
David Cook blew everyone else a way. I like his raspy voice.

Not that the results would have been any different, but these each of these songs has history. They are sung by some iconic character, in a specific emotion-packed situation.
If you don't know the facts, you can never sing the song believably. I think this hurt Jason Castro a lot.

Jason and Brooke will be in the bottom 2 for sure, maybe Syesha also. I think Syesha is safe and one of the other two goes this week, the other one, next week.

Saw Paul Stanley in the audience last night. Wow. Maybe there is a Kiss week coming...

No comments: