Saturday, January 12, 2008

Living in the Past

Today on the radio I heard the song, "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley. My favorite part is in the second verse - 

Out on the road today
I saw a dead head sticker on a cadillac
a voice inside my head said don't look back
you can never look back


I thought i knew what love was
what did i know
those days are gone for ever
I should just let them go


How easy it is to live in the past. To look back at some earlier glory and want it back again. We should always look forward in anticipation of the next glory/future memory, not reliving the "good" old days.

1 comment:

drama momma said...

Yep, several of us want to hold on the past...the good ole days... and it's hard sometimes to look forward when you don't know what to expect. Change is very hard.