Monday, January 28, 2008

Message from the Mayor

From today's Glenn Beck Newsletter:

Hello, Glenn Beck listeners, greetings from the Sunshine State! As many of you know, tomorrow will be a crucial day in the Republican primary. Florida is, by far, the largest state to vote in the primary in the lead-up to the 21 states who will vote on February 5. The winner in Florida will secure momentum heading into that crucial primary day and the largest cache of delegates of any state so far. I am confident that I will win.

Overwhelmingly, Florida voters are saying their biggest concern is the economy. As the only candidate with executive experience in turning around a major economy, strengthening a housing market and coming up with pro-growth tax cut driven solutions to seemingly unsolvable economic problems, I am the best prepared candidate to tackle the challenges our nation faces today.

As a first step, I've proposed the largest tax cut in American history. Though the next president will not be inaugurated for almost a year, my plan has already had an impact in Washington. Last week, Senator Kit Bond and Congressman David Dreier introduced my tax plan as legislation in Congress. Many of my supporters signed on as co-sponsors, but I am also pleased that Congressmen who have not yet endorsed a candidate supported my bill. Two members of the Republican leadership - Minority Whip Roy Blunt and Chief Deputy Whip Eric Cantor - both joined me in recognizing that this legislation is exactly the type of pro-growth stimulus our economy needs.

My opponents all have had distinguished careers, but the reality is they failed to consistently stand up for tax cuts in the past. Some voted against the Bush tax cuts while others declined to support them. This is a sign of weakness that we should expect to reemerge in future negotiations with Congress.

Uncertainty is the enemy of long-term economic growth. Companies considering job-creating investment in the United States are less likely to invest in America in an uncertain environment. They are also driven away by our corporate tax rate - the second highest in the industrialized world. That is why I have called for lowering the corporate rate to 25 percent. I will also seek to create a pro-growth economic environment by controlling government spending, reducing the over-regulation that plagues our economy, and ending the frivolous lawsuits which plague our nation.

When you judge a candidate, you should look at his record. In New York City, I used conservative policies to revitalize an overwhelmingly liberal city. I cut taxes 23 times, reduced welfare rolls by 640,000, drove down crime and cleaned up Times Square.

That's the type of conservative leadership America needs right now. We face tremendous challenges, but our nation has been tested many times throughout its history. Those pessimists who think we cannot rise to confront them underestimate the American people. With strong, principled leadership, we can meet the challenges that lie ahead and emerge far stronger.

Throughout my career, I have been tested by difficult challenges. I am ready to lead our nation to even greater security, prosperity, and freedom.

I am a Rudy fan.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Why can't he win?!?!?!